The coronavirus outbreak has adversely affected business, especially the offline markets. The day-to-day operations of very many firms throughout the world are no more. As a result of this, companies have been adversely affected, leading to a drastic reduction in consumer behavior. Seemingly, the epidemic continues to spread, and survivors are now glued to their houses to reduce the spread. Bars, restaurants, gyms, movie theatres, and many other social-gathering places have shut down. Fundamentally, the world is now facing the realities posed by the epidemic. Can digital marketing survive in such an environment?
An Opportunity for Digital Marketers?
It is doubtless that offline businesses have gotten the most significant hit from the current pandemic. The more prominent companies are likely to survive more than small businesses. So, how can digital marketers survive this turbulent time? It is not good to capitalize on such an event or be opportunistic during the epidemic. Instead, it should be an awakening call for digital marketers to reconsider the ways they have been handling their businesses. The questions that every marketer should ask himself at this time include;
- Can my business model survive the fluctuations brought by the COVID-19 pandemic?
- How will my customers move forward?
- How do I accommodate a new customer on my website?
- Can I digitize my services or products and begin offering them online?
- Is it possible to use technology to balance any loss of earnings by offering new ways to connect with your customers?
Simple yet Effective Tips That Will Help Marketers Survive Covid-19
If you implement the below tips to the latter, your business will survive this time.
- Develop new strategies - Now that people are under lockdown, online shopping is on the peak like never before. Food is the main priority on the shopping lists of very many people taking a 78.8%. Health products take the second category at 42.50%, followed by 40.15% on personal sanitizers and 22.75% on medical care items. Cleaning supplies and things like toilet papers go at 34.95%. This statistic shows that businesses should be ongoing so that consumers can meet their needs. The only difference now is that the concentration is shifting to online stores. This sign is evidence enough that digital marketing can thrive well in this environment. Now that you know what consumers need, you should develop new strategies by purposing to meet the needs of your target audience.
- Go for the right type of marketing – this is the best time to focus on creating vibrant and quality content that is valuable to your consumers. Start thinking of creating enlightening blog posts, entertaining videos, open communication channels like Instagram Live, Slack channels, or SMS marketing. If you have the right kind of marketing, you will strengthen your relationship with your community and multiply the traffic of your website.
- Take advantage of the resources provided by financial institutions - very many financial institutions all over the world are laying down initiatives to business owners. This activity is a short-term one intended to help survive these trying times. Be updated on how financial institutions are working on cutting and wavering costs. Explore the support proposals being offered in different markets then go for the one that best suits your needs and preferences.
- Intensify your brand audience – you should always have your customers in mind if you want to amplify your community. During this time, think of your products and services from the perspective of your visitors. For instance, people are consuming more at this time and are, therefore, planning to cook more. This knowledge feels authentic, and you can now start thinking of sharing cooking videos or recipes. Let your brand be human-readable; by keeping the customer experience a key and must-be factor.
- Maintain communication with your target audience - Keep conversing with your followers on the social media platform. Even though the physical doors are temporarily closed to the public, the online presence has not been closed. Increase your online visibility by giving up to date tips to your customers.
- Be consistent – consistency will give your site credibility since it is not the initial message that attracts attention, but the succeeding publicities to the initial message. For instance, a customer may never notice when something is posted but will eventually be absorbed when a dozen posts are put forward.
- Maintain quality – in digital marketing, quantity is better than quality. Since consumers are evolving, marketing should also change. Consumers are now smarter, choosier, and love quality brands. They will rather spend plenty of time looking for quality and avoid settling for less. They do not like interruptions but prefer being showed what they want. With these kinds as your customer, you wouldn't want to mess up. Maintain quality in all your posts, communication, products, services, and everything that you are offering. In digital marketing, quality is an investment that is sure to give you a good return.
- Continue with your high-performing ads – covid-19 has caused some errors and delays in the internet section. These delays have come about because of over-reliance on e-commerce listings and automated systems. Consumers are now hungrily looking for high-performing ads that will meet their needs.
Many businesses may have dampened their cash flow during the Covid-19. In the fear brought about by the pandemic, marketers have opted to turn to digital marketing. Content marketing is, therefore, evolving from editorial strategies to a holistic tactic that will satisfy consumers. The demand for online purchases is high. It is time to realize that digital marketing is an affordable service. It will generate a high-profit margin when well-utilized. If you are a marketer, it is time to arise and let your digital business balloon.